Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Introduction

Hello and welcome to the blog for Willson Pictures, Willson Records, and occasionally progress on novels by George Willson. It seems like a self-centered blog, since I'm George, but at the same time, I figured it would be nice to have a progress report somewhere to sort of have accountability for what we're up to in the Willson Companies.

Now, to get one thing out of the way. There is a reason I decided to choose what appears to be the egotistical company name approach. I will admit that I have an ego. I'm a writer, and writers have enormous egos. I'm also a musician which only serves to compound the ego problem. however, if you know anything about the legal side of creating a company, selecting my name for the company name makes perfect sense.

I am the main producer and guy-in-charge when it comes to everything, but I am perpetually broke until one of these projects actually takes off. Well, guess what? My use of my name as a company name places my companies as legal sole proprietorships that are little more than an extension of myself while having a company name instead of pulling a Jerry Bruckheimer and just being me. It holds a little more weight if you have some kind of noun after your name, you know? Legal company shifting takes place when there is some reason to shift it (i.e. having some actual assets and the income to justify it).

So this blog will tell you where we are on our projects. I'll have some quick posts after this one to give you a couple brief bits of what we've done, and then move forward from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment