Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Status of One Night Concept Album

Thought I'd go ahead and post where this project is since it is next on the agenda. Robert and I are working on recording the instrumental backgrounds for it at the moment. We're breaking down the sequenced parts track by track so we can place any effects needed on the individual pieces and adjust as needed. Besides, it adds a human element to the perfection of the machine since we will have to manually align each part by ear.

Currently, we've done Act One, with the exception of one song. Once that song is done, the majority of Act Two is clear sailing, so it won't likely take too long to get through the instrumental parts and get to recording the voices. I'm waiting on casting the vocal parts until the instrumental parts are done and I can lock down a date or date range to record everyone in. Since it's a group in a controlled environment for a two hour show, it should only take a couple days to rehearse it out and record it.

This process is assisted by the fact that I plan on doing the most demanding vocal part myself, though I don't mind sharing. Once this project is done, we'll move on to the next movie called Inexplicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment