Monday, July 18, 2016

Maze and Fempiror Updates

So it is time for me to come clean and let everyone know how things are going here. I'm finally getting back into the swing of things, and honestly, making myself tell the world how it is standing is a big help. It sort of adds some accountability to the whole thing.

I have been primarily working on The Modern Fempiror story, which presently sits at 28,000 words, so not much better than the last update. I mean, a little progress is better than none at all, but it is no where near where I had hoped, and it definitely won't be done in two weeks.

I've been breaking this up with the Maze 2, and I had a fantastically focused session of writing taking the story up to 39,000 words at this point. I have a feeling this one might settle between 40,000 and 50,000 words, and while that seems short, that is actually where I wanted it to be since the idea behind the Maze was shorter stories kind of like a serial novel series. For those who like page counts better, 40,000 words works out to around 160 pages while 50,000 works out to around 200. The first Narnia book, by comparison, was only 32,000.

So it is coming along, and I'll be closing out the Maze 2 fairly shortly. Here's the rub on that one, however. I wrote it sporadically over the course of a couple of years, and returning to it recently., I had to look up most of the names to even know who was who. So, I expect a good amount of time revising it.

I would expect Fempiror to be done quicker because its story has been done for years. I'm just translating it into a novel. So, very little revision will be necessary. I'll be sure to keep you updated frequently. I know once a week would be great, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment