Monday, July 11, 2016

Status Update

Plans get made. Plans get upended. You want to do something and decide it will be done a certain way. This is immediately followed by all hell breaking loose. If I had a few weeks similar to the time when I was procrastinating, then I would be further along, but instead, I had a few weeks of "how much can go wrong?" Of course, one can now point out the hours of videos I have posted of my playing video games on YouTube during that time, and I'll nod sheepishly

So what has gone on to be so time consuming? Well, I moved my website to a different provider which took a bit of doing, and I also redesigned it. I'm in the process, to put it more accurately. It's kind of all there, but more work to be done.

I also had to switch out a computer which involved backing stuff up, uninstalling, and then reinstalling what I had.

I also changed out my garbage disposal last weekend and built a shelf two weekends ago . That was fun...sort of. The weekend before that, I had to, shall we say, shore up my chimney after we discovered a massive hole in the side of the woodwork. It's been non-stop.

To be fair, I do a lot of different things, and juggling it is a bit tricky. Tonight, for example, I will be conducting my modest orchestra and I really need to arrange some music for next month. It take time to arrange music. That will take away from writing.

At the end of it all, I intended to have a first draft by Friday, but instead, I'm at 24,000 words. It's a bit short of a full book, and not much past where I was on my last report. I don't know what to promise by Friday. I really want to hit a conservative 40,000, if I can, but I fear that may be asking too much of myself given my history.

I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment