Monday, January 3, 2011

Plans for 2011

So we have a new year upon us, and I figure it's a good time to look at my long range plans and see where I actually stand. I wanted to have produced another feature or two by now, I had planned to complete another novel as well, and I wanted to also have completed one of my concept recordings at least. Well, as life tends to go, I got very little of that done.

If I weigh out what I could realistically complete, I have the following ideas:

1. I recently finished the first draft of the 3rd Fempiror book, so I could have that one in the bag in a few months.

2. My two favorite low budget features are Alien Proof and Inexplicable. I want to start working on Inexplicable first since it requires no digital effects for any part of it. Alien Proof is Sci-Fi, so I at least need some kind of spaceship effect along with either a way to fake my way around a spaceship set or an actual set. Bit more of a budget there, but the script is hilarious.

3. I always want to do something album related, but I'm not sure of the best way yet. I could probably record 100% of it myself, and if I limit myself to 10-12 songs, it might be more doable than the concept album.

4. Beyond the 3rd Fempiror book, I have other stories I want to write. One is a sci-fi epic along a completely different vein from Fempiror called The Armor of Belial, but it's also only one book. Like Fempiror, it's a screenplay I wrote, but the budget on that one would be so high that without an existing novel, no one would ever make it. I figure once I have the 3rd Fempiror book done, I'll write that one while I'm working out the story for the 4th Fempiror. I also have a series of children's books in my head, but I'll either need to work out my art skills or have someone else good at art to illustrate.

Such are the plans. I want to be more active in updating this blog with actual progress, which means I have to make actual progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment