Monday, June 13, 2016

It's a Birthday

You know, my birthday was on June 5. It was last week. I didn't post anything because I'm getting back into blogging. Also, 41 is a non-event. 40 is bigger, but that was last year, and who wants to talk about last year?

Today is actually my oldest daughter's birthday. She's 17, and that's more significant than 41. At 17, you can finally go to R-rated movies by yourself.

Not that she's vying to do this, really. I mean, movie ratings are there to let you know about the content of a film as it relates to children, and honestly, once I was an adult, I stopped paying attention to ratings entirely until I had children. Even then, they're more or less guidelines. Heck, we accidentally watched an R-rated movie the other day. Who knew the Extended Edition of the third Hobbit movie was rated R? I certainly didn't until it popped up. We watched it anyway, and it was just some violent stuff in it that took it over the edge.

Anyway, happy birthday to my London. Best wishes as she enters her senior year of high school and moves past that to work towards an Astrophysics degree. She likes space that much. And she's going for the doctorate, and is amused by the idea of "Dr. London."

No comments:

Post a Comment