Friday, June 10, 2016

The Modern Fempiror Chronicles

I don't know if that series title will stick or if it'll just the "The Fempiror Chronicles" with another number. When I started The Fempiror Chronicles, the intent was never to attach numbers to them because I designed the series to be very fluid and with the ability to plug stories into the gaps. In fact, I have an idea for a storyline to fit between books one and two involving Beth. If you've read them, them you'll think that's a cool idea. If you haven't, seriously, you should be reading that instead of this...no, finish this first, and then read that.

Anyway, I had once envisioned sorting out the series order by cracking open the front cover to check the date or by assigned a date number for the core story to the spine instead of a flat out 1, 2, etc. So book 1 would actually be 177506, book 2 would be 178510, book 3 would be 181902, book 4 would be 188808 or 188906 (I'm kind of on the fence), and book 5 would be 200410. I use book 5 very loosely because I had another idea which would have a number of maybe 191005. Of course, the trouble with this numbering system is that it only has the month, meaning I'd have to drill down to the day for the Beth story idea since it would start as 177506 is ending, meaning that it is also 177506. I'd have to go through the whole idea and make the numbers 8 digits instead.

I digress.

You want to know about the one I'm actually writing. The 200410 story. Yes, that does mean the date on the story is October 2004. Non-spoiler answers since I'm dealing with an established series here. Is David Taylor still in it? Yes. Is he a major character? Yes. Is he the main character? Hm. Here's the thing. This particular aspect of the Fempiror storyline was written as a bit of procrastination from writing the fourth screenplay (at the time), and it was written as a virtual series. This means there are many characters to follow, and it keeps going after this one is over.

This is a reason I'm considering a different series name, but it is also still The Fempiror Chronicles. It's also why I'm considering the date based numbering system. It could get really confusing really quickly.

Anyway, that's the first book on my writing desk. The Modern Fempiror Chronicles, or The Fempiror Chronicles: The Modern Era. Not sure yet. But the book title, itself, departs from the "This of the That" title format, and is just called "Lost and Found."

Probably.

Date? Well, this one should go quick since it's based on an existing teleplay (or three, depending on length). Let's say August 1, and I'll really try to fulfill that or have a good excuse if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment