Friday, June 17, 2016

The Armor of Belial

The third of my present writing endeavors is unrelated to the others...well, except that I wrote it while procrastinating on Fempiror 4. Fempiror 4 procrastination was really good to me. I'm glad it's written, but I did a lot while avoiding it.

So what is this about? Well, originally, it was an exercise in screenwriting. I took a screenwriting book that had a screenwriting template, and I decided to follow it to the letter to see how a screenplay would turn out while using it. It turned out to be very good. Of my own works, this is one of my favorite stories. So naturally, while searching for something to procrastinate on Maze 2 with, this came up.

On some other planet in some other time, a ruler has his workers searching for an ancient artifact. Not ancient, really, but just somewhat old and really powerful, of course. Well, he never said what it was, and his minions should have been keeping an eye on the workers because one of them found it, and accidentally activated it for his own purposes. His own purposes being to use it against the bad guy, of course. Well, the bad guy doesn't much appreciate it and takes advantage of the fact that the guy has a family.

It's a big sci-fi adventure story where the good guy gets support along the way in a quest to the bad guy's stronghold to take him down while fighting against this Armor of Belial that he has come into the possession of. Some cool characters and some great drama in there along with a fair amount of imagination and clever stuff going on. I admit to being partially inspired by a video game, but that's another topic entirely.

Date for release? Well, I really should concentrate on the other two, but this one keeps drawing me in. To be fair, I've only barely started it, so I'll put it in the third place of October 1.

So there you go. At least three new books for Christmas, though I want to get through more. I've been complacent here, and I need to write.

Whatever happens, if I fail to meet those deadlines, I'll have some bad excuse as to why, and you're not obligated to accept any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment