Friday, June 3, 2016

Vengeance

The first screenplay I ever wrote was a slasher called Vengeance that changed a lot over its life cycle. Basically, I was learning to write something new, and through lots of feedback, the script and story changed into what it is now. I novelized that script, and it is presently available as a Kindle book. Once I get the cover I have in my head completed, I'll release a print version as well.

While it began life as a slasher, it turned into something much better, and the novelization takes it one step further by painting some pretty decent characters and ensuring that the heartstrings are played at least a little anytime one of them meets an untimely end. It still possesses some tropes of the slasher genre, and the end does indicate a sequel (though I'll need to reconstruct it as I lost that draft when I accidentally reformatted the hard drive it lived on).

But overall, I think the novel turned out better than the script, and while someone did option the script once, it came to nothing as these things often do. I do hope you enjoy the book though.

No comments:

Post a Comment